Thank you for your interest in the NCCCO Crane Operator Certification. Following is a list of what NCCCO and we believe are the minimum qualifications for a candidate to be successful in completing the NCCCO certification process. Please review this list with your employees prior to registering them for the written exam class.
Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a current DOT medical examiners physical examination card. If the candidate does not have a current medical examiners card, he/she will have to have a physical examination completed.
- Must comply with NCCCO’s substance abuse policy.
- Must be able to read English at an eighth grade reading level. (ASME B30.5 requires a crane operator to be able to read the load chart and operator’s manual of the crane).
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic, i.e. adding multiple numbers, subtraction, multiplication and know times tables up to 9’s. Calculators are not permitted during the written exams.